Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Strange Blessings - E. V

I have created a list of links to the Strange Blessings entries, which you can find in the right column of the blog.  It should be much easier to navigate the story this way :)

I greet you, mother and father, sister,

I write to you because I am not able to visit to tell you of my news. I hope someone is able to read this to you.
As my honor demands, I will be honest: I do not like going to Mal'ur Academy. I went because you worked hard to get me there. It is hard, and many students find an enemy in me, because I am Hakaan. It is not your fault, nor mine, that there is such hatred at the school. I hid my pride and stubbornness and went for you, and though I have learned some things, most of all I have learned to hate this place.
But there is one good person here, a human woman named Donna Meun. She is kindly, and talks to me like an equal. She told me of the dragon-riders, who are gathering hopefuls to be dragon-riders. I thought much about this thing, and I have decided to travel to the valley on the mountains to be with the dragon-riders.
I told Donna my decision, and she has arranged with me to travel with two other young hopefuls to the valley. I am afraid it will slow me down, as I wished to fly there, but she tells me that my companions can teach me much about dragons and their people on the way.
Please don't be angry with me for my decision. I know our tribe says they are not of Zanoll, that we are only unwilling visitors on this island for many generations, and that we should have nothing to do with the other people, the enslavers. But my decision is final, and I hope this matter will bring peace to all of us.
May you always find peace in serekal, and may the eastern wind lift you.

~Tobias Terrekan


© 2015 by Sarah Bailey. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment