Sunday, May 22, 2016

Experimental Style - Sabra portrait

Here's a piece of art where I experimented with some realism.  The goal of this picture was to avoid keeping any line art in the final piece.


Side-by-side comparison of the line art to the final piece.


I admit I got lazy when I got to the clothing; I somehow messed up the blue base color layer, so I did a little modification to one of her sleeves and left the colors flat.

I'm happy with how Sabra turned out; her appearance has changed somewhat since 2010, 2011, and this picture definitely gives her a more realistic look than how I normally draw her.  I know looks amateur.  It's been a long time since I've tried this style, and I have a long ways to go before making it look even more realistic.

Done in GIMP with a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment