Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hagerman

I've had to tell myself over the last few months to focus on writing one project, because with all the jumping around I was doing,  nothing was getting done.

However,  it makes me look forward to more editing and revision and writing,  and gives me room to develop ideas. Focusing on one writing project has helped me put more effort into that project as well. In Chaos Forged is coming along, and now that I know how I want to plot the rest of the book, I feel more confident about finishing it faster and going on to revision.

Malad Gorge
This past week my hubby and I went to Hagerman, Idaho, home of the Hagerman Horse, for our anniversary trip. I've never been in the area, and the igneous formations are breathtaking. We went to Malad Gorge and Shoshone Falls, and hiked around a little bit. We also enjoyed exploring the small town of Hagerman and looking at wagon ruts from the Oregon Trail.


A major spring in Malad Gorge. The area is called 1000
Springs, and there are literally springs bursting out of
the cliffs!

Who knew that Sabra liked to tag her name over 50+ ft drops?

The property where we were staying at Billingsley Creek

Shoshone Falls just outside of Twin Falls Idaho.


A connecting waterfall pool at Shoshone Falls.
While in Hagerman we didn't have any wi-fi or phone connection, and that was good and bad in a way. It kept us from being distracted by technology while we explored, but at the same time James needed it for a school assignment. We took a few trips into Twin Falls so he could access the internet.

It was inspiring being out in rugged and more isolated wilderness than I'm used to. I was able to jot notes down and do sketches (I hadn't sketched for weeks). I loved this trip to a place that was almost the middle of nowhere. It's nice to escape once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment