Thursday, April 2, 2020

Book IV.V: Incarnate Something

Rewriting Incarnate Key created a bit of a conundrum for me as the storyteller. The original Incarnate Key took place over a period of 6 years, whereas the rewrite took place over less than a year for my poor, abused characters. Book V: Incarnate Truth, now takes place about 15 years after the current Incarnate Key.

So this got me thinking that I need to explain a little of what happens in that rather long period of time in the form of a novella. I don't have a definite title yet, although I have a general idea for the story.

I also have an art piece to share. My son Devin took great interest in it, and I gave him a general idea of what was going on in it. It's based on a scene from Incarnate Key, the first time the reader encounters Sabra's mysterious dream companion, the "golden owl," in this story. It was done in Krita with the Wacom Bamboo tablet. I've been studying and sketching great horned owls in order to draw this character correctly, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. Obviously he's golden instead of earthy-colored like regular great horned owls due to his magical nature. And he glows. And Sabra feels pretty happy around him.

It's kind of funny. I went back and reread this scene after finishing this piece, and there are some inaccuracies between the scene and this picture. Oh well. I may go back and fix it later. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment