Monday, January 5, 2015

Keeping Tabs

Last month I received a proof copy of the newly revised Sunstone, Book 1 in The Legend of Draconite series.  I've had fun reading through it and marking a lot of places that still need changes!  At first I used sticky notes, but now I'm writing notes down on separate pieces of paper that I also use as a bookmark.

I would like to mention a few special things about the new revision.  As you can see, there is completely new cover art, which I will post a better picture of later.  If any of my readers were subscribed to the old Xenithar's Musings, they'll recognize the art I designed, which was originally for a T-shirt design.
Lots of stuff to correct in the digital format!

There are some new scenes in this story as well, which I added to help with story flow and character development.

The book will be 6''x9'' novel format, with a matte cover.  The cover turned out beautiful!  One of the maps inside needs some tweaking, because its text is smaller than I had hoped it would be.

Planned release date will be Friday, February 27!  It will be available on Amazon.  More information to come on Sunstone.


I'm excited for the new year!  I don't normally do New Year resolutions, but one of my goals is to get my weight down and to get in good shape.  I'm planning on hiking and stuff this summer, and I want to be fit for the wilderness.

In December I wrote out a rough itinerary for my current book projects: Legacy Incarnate publishing, LOD Revisited, and my current trilogy in progress.  If I'm able to stick strictly to the schedule, I should have all the finished manuscripts published and the trilogy drafted by 2020, but I'm pretty sure with kids involved it will take a few years longer to finish these three projects.

I'm hoping to get Incarnate Dream published late summer/early fall this year, so keep an eye out for news on that as well!

Oh it's exciting being an author.




No comments:

Post a Comment