Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Sketch - Hall of the High Ones

After the stressful and down-putting day I had, I almost can't believe I managed to churn out this picture.  Maybe I needed to do this to try and get away from that stress; art is definitely one therapy for me. (I've also learned that archery is therapeutic for me.)

This is part of the Ramirran Temple structure from my Chronicles of Libera series, a hall that leads to the sanctum of the High Priest/Priestess.  For this picture I went with a blue palette, as the natural walls of this hall are a bluish stone and thus would be the main color anyway.  The main light sources are the windows, with the statues placed between them.  I worked a lot with perspective too.

Fun and experimental picture to do.  It's not often I draw environmental pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment