Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday Sketch - Elf Soldier Portrait

Since I have more time to myself away from writing projects on Sunday, I decided to sit down and do a digital sketch.

When I sit down to draw something completely new, sometimes I hit a block, and I'll sit there with tablet pen in hand staring at a blank canvas, brain churning.  I might start a few lines, then open a new canvas, dissatisfied with my previous attempt.

I don't know what it was today.  I told myself I wanted to draw something new, and while this particular subject isn't completely foreign to me (I've drawn many an elf before), the character was completely new.

I have no idea who this guy is.  He popped out of my head this evening.  He's from my fantasy world of Libera, for sure.  He's battle-scarred, missing his left eye.  The glowing runes on his head betray that he is a Re'sgalan, and probably new to the Loran magic, as he doesn't have runes elsewhere.  He also has facial hair, making him a half-breed (half elf half human).  He doesn't have a name, but it seemed he needed to be drawn.

Fun and easy to draw, and I'm glad I was able to do some digital art.  I've been working on the hoodie project with my husband, but it feels good to do some personal art too.  And it's good to do something simple; more often I want to do something much more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment