Friday, September 18, 2015

Getting Out

This month and in October I have the opportunity to play soccer as part of a regional Stake tournament.  I was excited when I learned about the sign-up, and yesterday was our first game.  I thought I might not be able to go because my knee was bothering me, but I got some cleats and shin guards anyway and got really excited and decided to go.  I didn't regret it.

I pounded across that field and managed to catch the ball a few times.  I say catch, and I mean with my feet mostly.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to endure, but I was on the field most of the time, and though I was tempted to switch out several times during the first half, I stayed on the field.  It was way fun, and I look forward to the rest of the games.

I talk about soccer because I thought it would be a good outlet for me, to do something good for myself besides staying at home.  It allows me to get out and meet other people, as I don't have much of a social life at the moment.  It's also good to know that I'm healthy enough to play soccer, and I plan to continue to get into good shape and keep it a habit.



On Xenithar's Lair I added a progress bar on the revision for Book 2 of The Legend of Draconite: Gift Search, located in the left blog column.  The LOD Revisited project is still rolling, and I intend to finish it.

For my writing and revision goals, I've made it a goal to write/revise 500 words a day (excluding Sundays), and to update my major social networks once a day.  Meeting those simple goals every day gives me peace of mind, and I'm hoping that pushing my promotion will slowly get more and more word out about my writing.

Source: Lego.com
Also, has anyone besides me heard of the LEGO Elves web series?  It's promotional for their product line, of course, but I've actually enjoyed watching the animated episodes, even if they get kind of cheesy or a little lame at times.  I'm a sucker for anything elven, I guess.  You can watch the longest episode on Netflix, and the shorter ones on Youtube.  My favorite thing about the product is the art, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment