Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tons of Pencil Art!

Hello everyone, and welcome to a fun post where I will guide you through various pencil pictures I've done before 2016.  We recently got a scanner/printer like new for $3 at Deseret Industries, and tonight I scanned a bunch of pictures, many of them I would like to share with you!

One thing you'll note is that several of these pictures have weird shadows on the borders.  That's because the sketchbook they came from actually didn't fit on the scanner bed all the way.  However, I've still tried to make the drawings themselves visible.

Onward to art!



These two are sketches I made before digitally drawing the final cover piece for Book III of The Legacy Incarnate: Incarnate Memory.  
 


Finished illustration for
comparison.
















A front view of Eveningstar with his hung-aria.  I made his shoulders a bit too broad in this picture, and struggled with the perspective, but it's still cool.



These are armor concepts for a character introduced in Book V of The Legacy Incarnate: Incarnate Truth.  While I'm seriously considering cutting this character out of the story, I put a lot of thought into her armor, which may come in handy for creating future Draconite armor concepts.




I felt inspired to draw this while watching a Carl Bloch documentary.  Carl Bloch's art has actually influenced my illustration style quite a bit.  Lore drakes belong to W.A. Johnson; I just like to draw them.



These are concepts for a companion creature the hero in Hammer of Fire, Jivasi, adopts.  He names her Paka, which is Swahili for "cat."  


A tender moment shared between Queen Ruvené and her adopted daughter Sabra.  This picture makes me want to write a short story or something about Ruvené, a character I've barely touched in the Chronicles of Libera.  How brave she was to take on a child as her own in her old age and in the midst of a national crisis.




This is a picture I never got around to sharing when I first talked about my LI Book I cover concepts on my old website.  These were among some of the initial concepts, centering around Sabra holding the lupogryph pup  named Ferķaes.  So cute!  I really wanted to show the love she had developed for this little guy.  The illustration was also supposed to refer to the fierce protection she had for the Cherķlk family in the events of Lithia.



One of my more successful attempts at an intimate scene.  I'm glad I went with them hugging instead of kissing.  For some reason I have a hard time drawing people kissing.



Yes, I did it.  I My Little Ponified Sabra the Incarnate.  And she had to be an alicorn princess.  She was a princess at one time, after all.  

I meant to finish this in colored pencil, but I may finish it in GIMP.


This is actually part of a bigger picture, but I just kept the main subjects: Sabra and her young twin daughters.  Don't worry, it's not really a spoiler that she has twins during the events of LI.  The big question is, who's the father?


Swords from the Chronicles of Libera.  They include Elli (depicted here the blade is much too curved compared to her actual sword), Rael's Saber, Derajk's triblade, and the far left is called a Judge blade, which appears in Book VI of LI.

Concepts for another Hammer of Fire Character named Zuri Nia.  I intentionally made her color scheme the inverse of Jivasi's cousin, Ndegana, who has white scales with blue tipping and blue eyes.



I hope you enjoyed looking through my art, and you have a wonderful evening!


2 comments:

  1. Nice and lovely art. I really enjoy it. find more about drawing kit visit explorartory.com here.

    ReplyDelete