Friday, January 8, 2016

Moved and Still Alive

We just barely got internet for our new home, so now I'm back online!  I've been searching for job opportunities, as well as writing, editing, and drawing.  We also got a new washer and dryer, so now I'm able to wash a week and a half worth of laundry.  Hooray!

Source: mlp.wikia.com
Lately I've had a hunger for doing My Little Pony fan art.  On Sunday I worked on a painting that's a tribute to a character from the Equestria Girls series, and I'll share it on Xenithar's Lair once I'm done with it.  I have an idea for another painting I want to do, also based off of My Little Pony.  They're larger paintings, and they're a nice break from the Libera Battle illustrations. (Although I've enjoyed doing those as well!)

I'm actually nearing completion of the Libera Battle starter decks.  I'm planning on purchasing the decks and components for testing with my hubby to see if the mechanics work out as well as I've written them.



In Chaos Forged has slowed down a bit, but it might be because I burned a lot of energy writing a really important chapter.  The entire story so far is moderately paced, and I've had a hard time reining the plot towards a single goal.  However, I've tried to keep it pointed in a certain direction so the plot isn't wandering all over the place.

Gift Search has also been a challenge.  I've had to change and add upon some of the motives for a lesser villain/anti-hero, Tyrenn.  When I first wrote this story, he was a cliche, power-hungry villain.  However, while he's still a villain, his motives are making much more sense in the revision, and they don't have to do with power.  He's more worried about Leader, the main antagonist in Books 1 and 2 of The Legend of Draconite,  blowing everything up.  While Tyrenn gets the power to destroy Leader if he really wanted to, Leader knows stuff about his sister Tyrenn only knows hints about and wants to know more of.  Tyrenn keeps his head ducked around Leader while trying to quietly rebel against Leader's plans.

Very interesting stuff to rethink about.  While doing this revision, I wanted to write more about Rune Enkar and his background, so I started a short story about him.  It may turn into a novella, but that depends on the length of the document.

No comments:

Post a Comment