Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pony-fied

Is it "pony-fied," or "ponified"?  Oh well, I did it!  I finished the ponying up-ifying of my character, Sabra the Incarnate, and she turned out super cool.


Unlike other My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan art that I've done, I made more of an effort to emulate the show style. I've found it hard in the past to draw MLP:FIM style ponies, as I'm so used to drawing more realistic equines.  I'm glad this picture turned out more like the show style.



As for the why's of the pony: her main body color is brown like Sabra's elven hair, and her fetlocks and lower canons are peach like her skin color.  Her royal regalia is similar to that of Sabra's armor, Adel.  Her mane and tail represent one of her most powerful spells, the Flames of the Moonstone, and of course, she has the Mark of the Moonstone as her cutie mark.  However, unlike most Equestrian ponies, she only has the mark on one side instead of both, as she's not from Equestria, and it represents her being connected to the one and only Moonstone.  And of course, Sabra has dark green eyes, and so does her pony counterpart.

Why an alicorn?  Because Sabra was royalty for several dozen years; she had to be an alicorn.

While I'm geeking out, here's a bunch of other My Little Pony fan art I've done, some of which I had on my old website.

 
~~~~

"Books!" ~Twilight Sparkle

 Progress on Gift Search has been steady.  I'm currently revising the battle in the city of Mal'ur.  I was thinking about publishing a list on Xenithar's Musings of what changes I've made and things that I've added to the manuscript as teasers prior to its publication, but we'll see :)

I've been writing new scenes and re-writing others, along with deleting entire other scenes, but I've managed to keep the heart of the story intact.  The hardest part for me at this point is keeping everything in the story consistent, especially with new information on board.  There's so much that needed explaining; this poor manuscript is really getting the overhaul!

~~~~

What's going on in my life?  Currently I'm serving as a Young Women leader at church, and I'm pretty excited about the calling.  I've served in YW in a previous ward, and I loved it.  The youth have a special spirit about them that makes me love being around them; it also helps that I'm still a teenager at heart.  I've also been going through the Personal Progress Program again so I can familiarize myself with the experiences and better help the girls working through it.

Yesterday evening me and my husband opened up to each other about frustrations we had with each other and what we were thankful for about each other.  It was a wonderful pre-Valentine's Day exercise, and it's made me more comfortable about opening up to him.  The key to a relationship is to communicate, otherwise you have ripe ground for misunderstandings.  My hubby is so awesome, and I look forward to the adventures we'll have in the years to come!

Everyone have a great evening, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment