Sunday, February 7, 2016

Taelifoe Art Trade

Hello everyone!  I wanted to share an art trade I did with fellow author and artist W.A. Johnson (Taelifoe).

This is a creature from her Legends of Destiny fantasy series called a Gan-Do-Gan.  The hardest part for me when drawing this creature was making his wings realistically big and fitting them onto the canvas.  I managed to get a good pose in, as well as some perspective with his near wing.

I loved drawing him.  I had to do some research on what harpy eagles and roan-colored horses looked like to get his coloring and physiology correct.  I love drawing horses and horse-like creatures.  Gan-Do-Gan are such interesting beasties, and I enjoy reading about them in Taelifoe's stories.

You can see her art blog and her half of the trade on her Art Dump.  She did one of the villains from the Chronicles of Libera, and it was wickedly cool to see Taelifoe's interpretation of her.

Everyone have a good evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment