Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Mountaining

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry for the lack of updates.

I've been enjoying our new home this year.  As well as having a cozy house, we live in a beautiful location.  I'm literally right down the road from a trailhead, and I recently explored a trail that went up the side of a canyon.  I went up in the morning as the sun rose, and while there was a fierce, cool wind blowing on the way up, the view was worth it!



One nice thing about this trail was it wasn't crowded; it probably helped that I went pretty early.  I ran into a few folks, but for the most part it was quiet, and since I went on my own, I was able to move at my own pace the whole time.

I've recently joined an online critique group, and though there have been some growing pains in taking criticism and critique to my work, I can already feel myself becoming a better writer.  I've learned how to make my characters and writing better, and I look forward to sharing and getting more advice!  If you're a serious writer, I highly suggest finding a good critique group to join to hone your skills in writing.

I also made some videos sharing some revision work on Book III of The Legacy Incarnate: Incarnate Memory.  I'll share the first one here; there's four parts, and you can find the rest on my YouTube channel.

As far as my writing goes, Gift Search is going through some beta-reading, and once I'm done with final edits and revisions, I plan on publishing it on Createspace this summer.  I'm working on the first revision of Incarnate Memory, and I've jumped back into writing In Chaos Forged.  I've been struggling a bit trying to get back into the main character's POV, but I think once I get myself to write more, I'll be walking in his shoes again.

Between all my writing projects, home and church duties, and joining this critique group, I've lost a lot of focus on the Chronicles of Libera CCG.  It's something I still plan to work on it; I even created a card today!  However, it's not something that will come into complete fruition any time soon.

Everyone have a good evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment