Saturday, April 2, 2016

Sketch and Update

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday.  I have a sketch to share with you!

This character's name is Luci Arualeyette, who plays a historical role in the Legacy Incarnate, mostly in Book VI.  I actually have a colored and much more detailed and elaborate painting in mind for this character, which I may base off of this sketch, but for now, it was fun to sketch her out.  I don't think I've ever drawn her before.

Luci is part of a race of elves from northern Tyrell, who lived before the Borderwall fell, and she became the mother of three major nations and a harbinger of Libera's Gospel of Zarem to her people.  Readers will learn more about her descendants in The Legacy Incarnate.

I'm on the third read-through with Gift Search, and will probably be publishing it start of June.  As I prepare it for publication, I will be jumping back into the Legacy Incarnate series with Book III: Incarnate Memory for revision and editing.  Boy howdy am I excited to revisit LI!  As I work on LI, I plan on going back into Hammer of Fire and In Chaos Forged to continue the story there too.  Lots and lots of projects to work on!



I've also been wanting to prepare an anthology of short stories set in Libera.  I've started a few short stories already that don't really have a place of their own except on my harddrive.  However, I probably wouldn't publish an anthology until next year at the soonest.

Lately I've been putting a lot of energy into revising the Libera Battle card game, which will be called The Chronicles of Libera Collectible Card Game.  I'll be creating sets of cards that people can collect, along with other kinds of cards, and once they collect the cards that they need, they can play the game.  I'm not planning on creating starter decks at the moment.

Old Character card design vs. new.

Probably the hardest card to redesign was the Character card.  I simplified some elements, like health, attack, and defense (which actually aren't as vital to the game anymore but can still be used).  There are no longer specific magic classes, although a magic class can be listed as their type as well.  The new Character card design turned out much simpler and much more attractive.

The COL CCG will be more of a task oriented game rather than a battle oriented, where you accomplish goals to get points and win.  While it's intended to be competitive, you could actually get away with playing the game on your own depending on what tasks you draw.

On a more random note, I recently recorded some videos of me talking to online AIs.  Check out the hilarity and strangeness of Existor's AIs!



Everyone have a fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment