Sunday, September 4, 2016

Art tidbit

On Sundays I don't work on my primary writing projects, so it gives me time while our little boy is sleeping to do art.

This is a character I've hinted at in a previous post that I didn't expect to meet during my revision of Incarnate Memory, but that I'm delighted to explore.  The picture depicts her as she is, and then as she used to be and could be again.  Originally I meant to draw just the left version of her, but decided to go for a more upright and confident version of her, contrasting the movement of her hurt and sad self with the stillness and serenity of her happier self.

Her tattoo I actually drew as a separate file weeks ago, and wanted to use it as a design for products like shirts and necklaces.  I might do that sometime.  I just pasted it into the picture and shrunk and turned it and erased parts to fit on her arms.

Her race is inspired by Native Americans, and so she has rounder features, along with darker skin, than most of my other humanoid characters, like Sabra the Incarnate.

Speaking of Native Americans, I had Colors of the Wind from Disney's Pocahontas stuck in my head while drawing part of this, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment