Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Little One

I've been having fun painting in Krita, and I've wondered why I didn't download and use Krita earlier despite the glowing feedback on it from some of my loved ones. Oh well, stubborn me.




Original Concepts
I was inspired to do this illustration after looking at one of my old concept cover art sketches for Book I of The Legacy Incarnate.  Sabra and little Ferkaes share a tender moment. I had lots of fun playing around with different brushes, getting a feel for which ones I liked best.  I definitely like the fountain pen for the sharp highlights, and the airbrush is fantastic. This piece was very experimental, and I'm happy without how it turned out.  I look forward to doing more illustrations in Krita!

Just an update on my revision of Incarnate Memory: I am getting towards the end of the manuscript, where I've removed most of the old ending and am adding a lot of new material to tie up the book.  It's been a challenge to write a lot of new scenes in a book I drafted years ago, and the story has actually become a lot darker. I'm glad I'm creating a new ending to the book, though, as the original ending never sat quite right with me.

Have a nice evening!

3 comments: