Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Researching Cosplay

Hello everyone, just a quick update!

Sabra on the left in Adel.
Lately I've been doing research into making a cosplay suit of armor.  I want to construct a replica of  Adel from The Legacy Incarnate series using a thermoplastic, most likely PVC foam and/or sheets.  Beneath the plate armor I would wear a unitard, probably made of cotton or spandex. I'm not sure I could really afford a full set of steel mesh clothing, or a custom unitard of steel mesh like Sabra wears. Maybe eventually :)



I would wear the armor for book signings as a form of promotion.  A full set of white armor really stands out, a fact that Sabra doesn't fail to notice in the book series. Once I get a unitard, I would need to modify the crotch area so I can use the bathroom if I happen to wear the costume for long amounts of time.


I'm nearing the end of the first revision of Incarnate Memory.  It's been a LOT of writing new chapters, and I'm a lot more satisfied with the way the characters are wrapping things up.  The new scenes will still need tweaking, of course, but I'm excited to be getting near the end of the story!

I'm also working on another epic painting in Krita, and I've been putting together Chronicles of Libera CCG cards without the artwork to test out the game mechanics.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment