Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hthelath, the Guardian

A little update and art to share with everyone. I've been focusing on a couple of editing and revision projects at once, but I won't announce what they are at the moment. I've been all over the place with my projects, since I've wanted to work on multiple ones with very little extra time. However, they're slowly coming along.

Below is a rarity of art from me, as I don't do inked pictures a lot anymore. This is a character that appears in Book IV of the Legacy Incarnate. He doesn't really have a definite form, and instead takes on a few different forms. He's made out of millions of magic bubbles filled with light. Of course, it was difficult for me to get that image across with just ink and paper, but I'm still happy with how this piece turned out, especially considering this is the first time I've drawn Hthelath.



As far as life goes, I've enjoyed being a full-time mom. It's an interesting experience learning to teach children on the go, although I've had some help along the way. My sons bring me such joy, and having our family together for all eternity is wonderful to think about.

There's been times where I've been afraid of monotony, and I've felt it, but I'm branching out and trying new things so that I'll have a life for myself alongside the life I dedicate to my family. Lately something I've been gearing up for is the Society of Creative Anachronism, or SCA. It's an educational live role-play society that's found all over the world. The focus is on medieval cultures and dress, and I've chosen to do a Viking persona as a way to connect with my Scandinavian ancestry. I've been gathering materials for an apron dress, and with some help, I hope to get the costume together for Halloween. In this process I've learned a little bit about the Vikings themselves.

Hope you enjoyed the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment