Friday, June 30, 2017

I WILL survive

Hello readers! I have survived my second pregnancy and we've been blessed with a beautiful little boy. It's been stressful and a little crazy these last few weeks, but I'm grateful to be recovering quickly. The labor and delivery was low-stress, and that made it easier on my body than my first pregnancy.

Anywho, you didn't come here to read about how my body's doing. I've jumped back into writing, and lately have been putting a lot of effort into finishing a short story I started some time ago. I've been thinking more about doing an anthology of Libera stories, partly as a way to put myself out there more with potential readers and publishing venues. I've been jumping between stories a lot lately, as I found it hard to concentrate on just one story with my low energy levels. Weird.

I also have some art I'd like to share. I shared it on my personal Facebook page weeks ago, but it's time I publish it here.



Our favorite wingless lupogryph, Tarcua. I had filled in the color for this piece and was at a loss as to how to shade it in, so I let it sit for a while. After getting some inspiration from oil pointing and doing some practice with digital painting using some similar techniques, I was able to finish this piece. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, and I plan on using this picture for Tarcua's CCG card. This was done completely in Krita on my Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment