Thursday, April 23, 2015

Book IV Cover preview


Normally I post completed cover art, but I decided to post what I have so far for the front cover of Book IV of The Legacy Incarnate: Incarnate Key.

For some reason the picture looks gray
on blogger...
As you can see, it's just line art right now.  I use GIMP to illustrate my book covers, and I used a lot of paths on the buildings.  I also incorporated some symbolism relevant to the story and the world of Libera in general.  If you're familiar with the Chronicles of Libera, can you spot the symbolism?

I also base the cover art for this series off of a scene in the story.  By the point of this scene, the characters are pretty worn out, physically and emotionally, but they have each other to lean on soon before the greatest trial Sabra must face in this nocturnal city.

Some of you may have noticed I haven't posted any Strange Blessings serials lately.  I've been caught up in another short story project, which has been uber fun to write, and that I may post here on the Lair. (It's a fan fiction, so I may need the permission of the original creator of the world before posting  it on this, my promotional and authorial website.)

Revision has gone very well on Book II of LI: Incarnate Dream, and I've been teaching myself how to keep consistencies in mind, and to look back at key points in a manuscript so that the story flows well.  I'm nearing the end of the third revision.  The adventure of formatting and completing the one-piece cover art are soon at hand!


Currently reading:


  • Our Lost Constitution, by Mike Lee
  • Shadow Hand, Book 6 of Tales of Goldstone Wood, by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
  • Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Doctrine & Covenants, published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, '' ''

What are you currently reading?

2 comments:

  1. It ate my comment :\

    Can't wait to see this in color! The city in the background kind of reminds me of the big, split tower encountered in Adjerre from Founders. And I am reading Moonstone and the Book of Mormon :)

    Question: When you paint digitally, do you leave the lineart on top of the colors as a guide, or do you place it on the bottom layer and then paint over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave the line art on top of the coloring. With the LI covers, It sometimes looks the other way around because the lines match the base color of the palette.

      Delete