Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Making Trading Cards

Earlier on I mentioned that I've started to create trading cards. I'd like to share some of my work with my readers on this fun art project that is keeping my digital art skills in tune.

The cards are for a trading card game I'm creating, with the working title "Libera Battle." In this game each player chooses certain characters from the Libera universe and pits them in battle against each other, using certain other cards to upgrade their own characters and damage other characters. It has been fun to create the game and think of different ways to strategize and play.  I have all the rules written out; it's now a matter of creating the game and testing it out!



 

 


Here are the character cards I've done so far.  There will be dozens of characters to choose from in this game, and they can be chosen according to the effects they have on each other.  (If they have effects; as you can see, Aislin doesn't have an effect with other characters.)

When I get the cards professionally printed, the gold border won't be so large; it's that large digitally to allow for extra print bleed.  I'm planning on printing the cards from a site called Game Crafter, which supplies game creators with things like custom game boards, cards, dice, and so forth.

In Chaos Forged

I've been rolling with book 1 of the Hammer of Fire.  I've outlined this series, but I'm finding I'm not strictly following that outline, which is a good thing.  The outline is good for a guideline of possible events that can happen in the story, but I think I left it flexible enough to allow for some deviances.  My mind is opening up to a lot of possibilities with different characters and places and ideas.  It's so exciting because there's so much to write about!

Something else I've needed to mention is that there is now a book page for Book II of The Legacy Incarnate: Incarnate Dream!  

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment