Friday, June 5, 2015

Ebook Mania! (And character Q&A)

Book 1 of The Legend of Draconite: Sunstone is now available as an eBook at Lulu.com!  The reason why I'm releasing Sunstone and Incarnate Journey before Incarnate Dream as eBooks is because technically they've already been published.  Lulu also makes it super easy to publish eBooks. I had looked ubti Smashwords, but they have this humangous publishing requirements guide I don't have the time or will to look through, while Lulu only had 1 simple web page for ePubs (although I'm just publishing my books as .pdfs, as they didn't want to cooperate as ePubs).

I'm selling the ebook at $2.99.  Please check it out!



Today I will be doing a Q & A with one of my characters. (Does that sound schizophrenic?) Please welcome Zarem, the omnipotent god figure of the Chronicles of Libera.


Zarem: Hello Sarah.  I am honored to be here.  Rest assured, you are not schizophrenic.

Me: Welcome to Xenithar's Musings.  Let me give some background on you to our readers.

M: Zarem is a god in the Chronicles of Libera universe.  He is perfectly benevolent and all powerful.  He loves all his creations and children, as well as his consort, the goddess Luna.  His purpose is to create more gods like him in what is called the Lifarior.  He wants everyone to be happy, and while he is merciful, he will also use justice to destroy evil and save good.

Z: Only a god can balance the two.

M: The races of Libera come in so many varieties.  Where did you come up with the ideas for the different beings?

Z: Some were inspired by mortals I knew of in my mortality.  Others were birthed from my imagination.  The Unia'a, or elves, I created in the image of the one I love the most, and the Molouks she created after my image.  All have my divine heritage, no matter how they look.

M: Do you have a favorite color?

Z: Yellow is my favorite color.

M: What do you like to eat?

Z: *laughs* Though you could not even comprehend its taste in your mortal state, Sarah, it is the greatest delicacy in the Realm above all realms.  It is the spring water from the great Mountain that runs in the great river and into the Realm.

M: Sounds yummy.  I love cool, fresh water.  How do you get around so fast to different places?

Z: I travel at the speed of thought.  I know all my creations, down to the grains of sand in a planet.  I think of the place I wish to go, and through my divine power, I can appear there.

M: Wow, but how do you find the time to go to so many worlds and people?

Z: I exist out of time, Sarah.  All time is present before me. I can visit places and people, and it does not matter the time or place.  I will it, and I am there.

M: That's hard for me to wrap my brain around.

Z: *smiles* Perhaps one day you will understand.

M: One more question, and then we will have to end this article.

Z: Very well.

M: Have there ever been bad gods in the Libera universe?

Z: That is a very good question, and one I will gladly answer.  Gods like me, a Lifari, are all benevolent.  An "evil" one has never existed, nor can it exist.  Perfect goodness is required for my state of being.  Were I to choose evil, I would fall from my place and power.

Over the mortal ages, there have been Aedar, the servant demi-god spirits of Lifari, that have turned from good to evil.  They are the only god-like beings that have done wicked and maintained most of their god-like powers.  However, they are quickly destroyed, otherwise there would be much chaos in the lives of our children.

M: That's crazysauce, but so interesting!  Thank-you for answering my questions, and have an awesomesauce day!

Z: *blinks* I'll try to have...awesomesauce, and not crazysauce. *Pops out of sight*


Soon I'll be announcing the beginning of the eBook giveaway, so stay tuned to Xenithar's Musings for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment